Our leadership team has been working on refreshing our sense of mission, vision, and core values. Rather than simply buy a book from a large successful church and copy their strategy we have been praying and asking God for clarity in what He would have for us to do uniquely here in Corvallis and in the Mid-Valley.
We have identified 5 core values that are historically consistent with the ethos of our church. These serve as guides to keep us on track as we engage and serve in this world.
- Bible-Based – we rely on the Bible, God’s Word, as the authority for faith and practice.
- Gospel-Centered – we share of the Gospel, (Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead) in everything we do.
- Missionally-Driven – we are driven to be a part of what God is doing here in our city and around the world.
- Community-Focused – we are focused both on the needs of our faith community as well as the needs of the community around us.
- Prayer-Fueled – we acknowledge that everything is possible with God and nothing is possible without Him.
God already has given every church a mission. It is right from the pages of the Bible. We simply distilled two great passages – the Great Commandment (Mathew 22:37-39) and the Great Commission (Mathew 28:18-20) into a simple statement: Our Passion is to love our neighbors and to learn together how to know and to live like Jesus.