Greetings Northwest Hills Family!
Pastor Mike here with a couple of quick family updates. For the past several months our entire team and I have been seeking the Lord for clarity in our mission, vision, values, and strategy. It would be easy to simply copy what other successful churches are doing – but our team has done the hard work to discover what God specifically wants to see for the Northwest Hills Community Church on Walnut Blvd in Corvallis, Oregon. We have boiled down our mission to one simple memorable sentence: Our passion is to love our neighbors and to learn together how to know and to live like Jesus. We are beginning the process of structuring our ministry to align with that greater sense of mission and strategy. Check out the following facility, worship, and ministry updates:
- We invited Derek Cropp to join our team as our Facilities Director. In this role, he has a focused purpose: to see we have a safe, functioning, and inviting facility for use by our ministry team and our church body to accomplish the ministry the Lord has called us to fulfill. If you have an idea or feedback regarding facilities he is the person to contact. You can reach him at email@example.com, the church office at 541-758-7688, or use a Hello card.
- We recognize our facilities and grounds are in need of a major update. Our team has been discussing what would be the optimal facility to reach out to our community and to serve our church family. In the spirit of honoring our past and looking forward to our future, we are celebrating our 50th year of ministry by completing 50 improvements all over our campus. Look for these projects to kick off this summer and watch for opportunities to celebrate through serving and participating with your whole family.
- We also invited Alex Lopez to be our part-time Worship Director. Alex brings tremendous professional experience in both leading worship as well as in the technical AV (audio-visual) areas. Justin Jackson will be continuing with a more formal internship under Alex, which we hope will be a mutual blessing. Alex is excited to work alongside our existing worship leaders and teams. In the season Alex is with us, we believe he is uniquely gifted to make a significant impact in our church family. If you would like to engage in worship ministry or have feedback he is the person to contact. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org, the church office at 541-758-7688, or use a Hello card.
- We have made a minor change to our schedule of celebrating the Lord’s Table. We have decided to typically serve communion on the last Sunday of each month. In addition, there will be an opportunity between our services to take communion and/or pray with someone from our prayer team in the front of the worship center the other weeks of the month. You are invited to participate!
Starting Point –
- We started streamlining our process for getting people connected to the Northwest Hills Family. You are invited to attend an upcoming Starting Point class happening June 3 at 9am in room D7 across the courtyard from the Worship Center. The Starting Point class will help you better understand our history and where we are going. More information
Moving forward, we will continue the work of aligning our ministry with God’s mission for our church. We are excited to see what God is planning to accomplish through our church in the lives of our family and neighbors. Please pray for our team as we lead Northwest Hills forward into exciting days ahead.
— Pastor Mike