What Are Community Groups?
A Community Group is a committed group of people who are mutually intent on becoming obedient to all that Jesus commanded. Community Groups are open to anyone who expresses and demonstrates this intent, no matter where they are in their walk with Christ.
A Community Group is not simply a Bible study or primarily a social group. Rather it is a group of people who live out the mission of God together in community through regular gatherings for food, fellowship, accountability, serving, study, prayer and outreach. Community Groups serve to mobilize the church and to connect people to one another to share life and grow together.
What to Expect?
- Regular gatherings of 8-12 people, usually over a meal at someone’s home.
- These groups are not specifically Bible studies. While the Bible will be taught, mere knowledge about the scripture is not the point of a Community Group. Rather the application of God’s Word to our lives will be emphasized.
- A facilitated discussion about God’s Word and how it applies to our individual lives and specific contexts (Usually following the previous Sundays sermon).
- Time for sharing any needs or struggles and prayer for one another.
- Accountability through relationship.
- Serving your local community together as a group.
- Identify, equip and release new leadership to lead new Community Groups.
How to Join?
or join a friend's group
or contact our Director of Communication and Connection, Carissa Larson!