In order to be “One Family, pursuing One Passion, reaching out to All People,” we believe it is necessary to be in intentional relationships with one another that will move us towards following Jesus. To help make those relationships possible we started Community Groups.
What Are Community Groups?
A Community Group is a committed group of people who are mutually intent on becoming obedient to all that Jesus commanded. Community Groups are open to anyone who expresses and demonstrates this intent, no matter where they are in their walk with Christ.
A Community Group is not simply a Bible study or primarily a social group. Rather it is a group of people who live out the mission of God together in community through regular gatherings for food, fellowship, accountability, serving, study, prayer and outreach. Community Groups serve to mobilize the church and to connect people to one another to share life and grow together.
What to Expect?
- Regular gatherings of 8-12 people, usually over a meal at someone’s home.
- These groups are specifically NOT Bible studies. While the Bible will be taught, mere knowledge about the scripture is not the point of a Community Group. Rather the APPLICATION of God’s Word to our lives will be emphasized.
- A facilitated discussion about God’s Word and how it applies to our individual lives and specific contexts (Usually following the previous Sundays sermon).
- Time for sharing any needs or struggles and prayer for one another.
- Accountability through relationship.
- Serving your local community together as a group.
- Identify, equip and release new leadership to lead new Community Groups.
How to Join?
Talk to someone who is in a Community Group and join theirs.
Email Pastor Josh at email@example.com or call the church office 541-758-7688.
Fill out the below form and we’ll be in touch.